1kg Chopped Pumpkin
2 Leek Chopped
1/2 cup coconut milk from a tin
Salt / Pepper
1/2 head cauliflower
Chopped ginger – About 3 thumb size pieces
2 L broth or vegetable stock
1. Chop the vegetables and place in a big pot a with a little olive oil and cook for for 3 minutes or until the leek has softened
2. Add the stock or broth
3. Place lid on the pot and simmer for 40 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft
4. Add the coconut milk and warm through.
5. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
6. Serve with fresh coriander
The thing with this soup is, you can throw in whatever vegetables you have on hand. I’ve added spinach and broccoli in this recipe and it works well too.
I often serve it with some good bread and sometimes side of protein, too. Sometimes it’s leftover shredded chicken, or a generous sprinkle of toasted seeds. Some crispy roasted chickpeas on top would also be amazing.
You may like
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.